Our Hiring Process
At The CPI Group, we strive to make applying as uncomplicated and stress-free as possible. Our staffing professionals will provide personal service to help you find just the right opportunity. Here is how our registration process works:
You will need to complete an online application. We strongly encourage you to do this prior to arriving at the office. Ensure you enter all of your previous work history, including supervisors’ names, detailed job duties and phone numbers for each position. You may also attach a résumé; however, you will still need to fully complete the application.
Our professional staff members will review your application and inform you of any additional requirements as needed. Once all the requirements have been met and all the documentation has been received, if you meet our hiring criteria and demonstrate a strong work ethic, we will invite you in for an interview. However, if there is an immediate position for which you qualify, you will be called in for an interview sooner.
Please bring the following information with you when coming into the office for processing:
- Résumé if applicable.
- Reference letters from your previous employers will be required if you are unable to provide names and phone numbers of past employers and supervisors on the online application. These letters will need to be signed, dated and typed. They also can be emailed directly to The CPI Group, along with names and telephone numbers of your previous employer(s) or your direct supervisor(s).
- If you have served in the military, a copy of your DD214 will be required.
- Two forms of ID – First form may be any two (2) of the following picture IDs: valid driver’s license, valid student ID, valid passport, or valid state ID. For your second ID form: your original social security card and/or your original birth certificate.
- Bring copies of any certifications or licenses.
- In addition, be prepared to take a drug urinalysis test and have a criminal background check performed. (There is never a fee or charge to the candidate for any testing.)
Testing is required of all candidates. You will complete one or more assessments, depending upon your skill set and interests.
The CPI Group is ready to help you meet your career goals. If chosen to come in for an interview, a professional recruiter will conduct a one-on-one interview to assess your interests, experience, career goals and work preferences. During the interview, a review of your work history and assignments or positions will be discussed, as well as any current openings that may be right for you.
4. Reference Checks / Criminal Background Check / Drug Screen Urinalysis
We will contact previous employers to verify dates of employment and work performance. We also conduct criminal background checks for disqualifying convictions, and in some cases, a motor vehicle report. Because The CPI Group is a drug-free workplace, we conduct pre- and re-employment drug screens, when applicable. We also drug test for work-related injuries and conduct random drug testing.
Workers’ compensation fraud is a CRIME, punishable by fines and imprisonment. The CPI Group will prosecute those guilty to the fullest extent of the law.
If you are hired, you will receive an orientation outlining the requirements of The CPI Group as well as the company where you are assigned. Your payroll and any additional information will be discussed.
6. Paperwork and Documents
Your file will be evaluated once more, ensuring all paperwork has been completed.
It is the policy of The CPI Group, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The CPI Group. Your Career Partner.
Work with a partner who can provide the tools, resources and honest advice you need to achieve your career goals.