The CPI Group Leadership Team
Our leadership team’s backgrounds are as diverse as the clients we serve. The CPI Group leverages this diverse expertise, ranging from entrepreneurial business to the Fortune 500 organizations, to design business solutions to fit each of our client’s unique business needs.
Mark Smith, President
Mark Smith became president of The CPI Group, Inc. in 1997, and in 1999, became the company’s sole shareholder. Mark provides daily oversight of all operations for the company and a vision for strategic business development. Since his appointment to president, the company has met many milestones for growth as well as received numerous awards.
- Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 500 Fastest growing privately held companies in America
- 3-Time Mississippi Business Journal Fast 40 Award recipient
- 3-Time Mississippi Business Journal Top 100 Privately Held Companies
- Mississippi Business Journal Small Business of the Year
- Mississippi Business Journal Small Business of the Year (2-time finalist)
- Winner of the Inaugural Governor’s Cup: Mississippi’s top small business
- Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 Under 40 recipient
- The Commercial Dispatch Golden Triangle Region Who’s Who
- Mississippi Business and Technology Expo Small Business CEO of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award from Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce
- Member of 2005 Mississippi Economic Council’s Leadership Mississippi class
- 2007-Present, Board Governors of The Mississippi Economic Council
- 2008-Present, Board of Directors of Hope Family Ministries in Tupelo
- 2012-2017, Board of Directors of The Mississippi Center for Public Policy
- Founder and Committee Chairman, Salute to Lowndes’ Finest; annual event for recognizing and supporting area first responders
- Member, US Air Force Air Education and Training Command (AETC) Commanders Civic Leader Group (Civilian Liaison Group: US Air Force General Darryl Roberson)
- Member, Columbus Air Force Base Military Affairs Committee
- Member, Columbus Air Force Base Community Council
- Past Honorary Commander, 14th Operations Group, Columbus AFB
- Past Honorary Commander, 49th Fighter Training Squadron, Columbus AFB
- Past Chairman, Habitat for Humanity
- 2005-2013 Advisory Board Member of the Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation-Ability Works
- Past Chairman, The American Heart Association’s Heart Walk
- Secretary and then Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee, Board of Directors of the Columbus-Lowndes Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member, The Columbus-Lowndes Economic Development Authority
- Past Board Member, The Columbus-Lowndes Humane Society
- Volunteer for Camp Rising Sun
Mark is also the owner of Teufel Hunden Properties, LLC, a real estate development firm. He served in the United States Marine Corps both stateside and abroad; injured in the line of duty, he is a disabled veteran and a member of the Disabled American Veterans.
Brad Bounds, CSP, Partner
A Mississippi native, upon graduating from Mississippi State University with a degree in business, Brad entered the staffing industry as a regional sales representative for The Holland Group and quickly established himself as an effective business development leader. From there he became a Senior Staffing Consultant and regional sales manager for Tandem Staffing and eventually, he began his own staffing firm, Working Solutions, LLC in 2001, where he remains today as its President with locations in Meridian, Jackson, and Philadelphia, Mississippi as well as a branch in Memphis, Tennessee. Brad joined The CPI Group as a Partner in September 2014 and he is involved daily with the operation particularly in the areas of strategic business development and operational risk management. He possesses the Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) designation through the American Staffing Association. Brad also owns two franchise fitness centers and several real estate ventures. He was appointed by former Governor Haley Barbour to serve on the Mississippi Business Finance Corporation Board and he currently serves on the State Workforce Investment Board after his appointment by Governor Phil Bryant.
Donna Lang, MSS, Lead Recruiter
Born and raised in England, Donna graduated from Kent Enterprise for Youth College with an N.V.Q. in business administration and customer service. Donna moved to America in the fall of 1997 and lived in several different states before settling in Mississippi. She oversees all recruitment as CPI’s Lead Recruiter and brings more than 15 years of experience in staffing, business administration, and customer service. She is a member of the Golden Triangle Human Resources Association. Donna has recently trained and earned her MSS in Recruiting and Sourcing provided by Moore eSSentials.